Our final event is approaching. As a special track of the Cross Cultural Business Conference from 14th – 15th May 2020 in Steyr, the project outputs will be presented to an international audience. The event is designed as an interactive experience. Rather than focusing on one-directional input and results, the session intends to foster an active exchange on issues of diversity management and inclusion in higher education between participants. Various formats will address inclusive teaching practice, the role of staff engagement, how to foster student success or diversity-sensitive admission procedures.
Thursday, 14th May 2020
10:00 – 12:00
Session 1: Reflections from intercultural project work on diversity management and inclusion in higher education
- Introduction to the project: Round table discussion with participants from four European higher education institutions on their experiences with EnhanceIDM
- Addressing the conceptual framework: Higher Education Awareness for Diversity (HEAD)
13:30 – 15:00
Session 2: Inclusion as a challenge – Why is it necessary to increase diversity management competencies in higher education?
- Rationale behind EnhanceIDM
- Sharing insights from the training experience: dealing with unconscious bias
15:30 – 17:00
Session 3: Promoting student success through self awareness: making the unconscious conscious
- Interactive Workshop: How well would you do?
18:00 – 22:00
Conference Dinner at Schloss Lamberg
Friday, 15th May 2020
09:00 – 10:00
Session 4: Paper session
10:00 – 11:30
Session 5: Dealing with diversity in higer education- arriving at solutions to challenging
- Critical Diversity Incidents: What would you do?
12:00 – open end